Summer in the City  

0 comments

What a beautiful day today! It was in the low 70's all day, sunny and actually a bit hot.

I spent the night sleeping on w24th st so I could be nearer to the NYC rec center in Chelsea. One of my friends works out and plays basketball there every morning at 8:30. I joined up the other day so I could have a place to shower. There are dozens of them throughout the five boroughs. They have cardio, weights, basketball, swimming, climbing, ping pong, arts room, computer center and more. I am thinking about volunteering in the computer center, actually.

So, you get access to all of them, and for only .20 a day on average. It's $75 for the year!! Amazing. Why would you ever join a gym and pay that much per month? Just so you have free towels and a sauna or steam room? Fughet about it!

So, I work out, play some hoops...then drive over to Dumbo, where I have storage. The storage is 24 hour access in an old warehouse/artist loft building. It's great because there is a garage and loading dock that I can use as well. The side door opens up and you can see a spectacular view of the Brooklyn Bridge. I'll share a photo later.

I walk up to Pedro's to have myself some hueveos rancheros. Delish. Then back to the storage to get out my bike. It was a perfect day to ride. I peddled my ass up and over the Manhattan Bridge...eventually ending up at the Jivamukti Yoga center. They have a peaceful cafe inside, making it a great escape from the hustle and bustle of Union Square.

I have been in and around Jivamukti for years and attending many events held in the space as well. I think it's about time I started yoga. It's $250 for unlimited monthly access. And from what I know, they have some really amazing teachers.

Although I like myself just as I am, I still have much work to do towards my goals of higher personal and spiritual evolution. Besides yoga and meditation, I am also interested in something called structural integration. I really want to clear myself and my psyche of unwanted baggage and blocks and negative habits. A tune up, if you will.

I wish I had someone to go through all this with... someone to share the ups and downs of the path... a workout partner, or something. I have this idea of also cleansing and eating vegan..... just to see what sort of changes I feel happening in my body and mind. A 90 day program, perhaps.... a little human experiment.

I think it would be great to document it. To find a man and woman, say...near forty years old... that want to star in my production of "The 40 yr old Vegan". Hmmm.... that gives me an idea....

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



0 comments: to “ Summer in the City