Back to NYC and living in my truck  

0 comments

I fly back to New York on Wednesday. I had been talking with a friend about managing his rentals and living in one unit starting April 2nd. However, that's changed... he has someone visiting and had to give them the space I was going to use. I can still do the management option with him, but it might not start until May. So, when I get back to the city, it will be all about the Chevy truck until I figure out something else. At least it's getting warmer there.

At this stage in my life, having left the corporate 9-5 paycheck world for artistic passions and pursuits, I find it exhilarating to live like a gypsy of sorts. The detachment from the material holdings is undoubtedly liberating. I have stuff, sure... in storage... but I want the stuff in my Heart, Mind and Soul to account for my "wealth".

My little delivery business, NYpickup.com, manages to cover my expenses. I don't eat sushi every night, but when I do eat it, what a treat! Otherwise, I know some great cheap eats in the city to keep my belly full and my body healthy.

I think when I get back, I'll join the NYC rec centers so I can swim, work out, rock climb and have a place to shower. That and my truck, will make the month of April go by very easily.

The main reason I want to be in the city is to have more opportunity to find creative collaborations. And, it's a fun city, so why not?

However, if the wind blows strong enough, I might just find myself back out in Colorado before the end of the year.

You just never know, till you know...

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories